Program Goals are to prepare graduates for handling wide range of activities needed for administration of health care facilities and institutions, graduates are expected to:-
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the entity, structure and functions of the infrastructure of health care system i.e. hospitals and health facilities, to act as effective healthcare providers and leaders at operational levels at different types of healthcare delivery systems such as home health agencies, office based physician practices, mental health facilities, long term healthcare facilities, specialized medical centres, and insurance companies, and other health institutions.
2. Serves in an entry level and in certain middle-management positions in hospitals, health facilities departments after considerable experience and promotion from operational levels, Also high achievers are expected to be involved in higher leadership levels at tactical levels.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of healthcare delivery systems as open systems.
4. Demonstrate an understanding of management functions at (Health Services Organizations) HSOs, technical problem-solving, networking, and human relations knowledge and skills that provide the foundation for future healthcare administrators and leaders.
5. Demonstrate an understanding of the important knowledge, skills, and values required in managing HSOs.
6. Functions as assistants in management and administration in healthcare institutions. I.e. analysing expected patient needs, participating in developing collection and tabulation of data and writing work reports.
7. Serves as an assistant to the hospital administrator or the head of a business, personnel, or purchasing department and other hospital facilities after indulging in deep experience in his or her facility or healthcare organization.
8. Functions in public health programs as entry level management personnel.
9. Communicating effectively and prudently with colleagues and coworkers, patients, customers by applying transcultural concept as adopted humanistic approach.
10. Demonstrate.' an understanding of the business processes and utilizing information resources to achieve organizational goals.
Program Vision Statement:
Our vision is to develop the required future healthcare management professionals, who can contribute effectively to the growing administrative demands of healthcare facilities at Military Services, by enhancing the managerial knowledge, decision making skills and building their professional competencies for achieving excellence in providing healthcare .
Program Mission Statement:
These activities, when mutually reinforced among all key people—faculty, staff, students, and alumni aiming to advance the Department level to a premier status among similar departments in Saudi Arabia universities and colleges.
The main purpose of Health Services Administration program is to qualify the students scientifically and practically for working in the professional track and to pursue undergraduate studies for obtaining bachelor of science in Health Administration.
The Department of Health Services Administration was established at Prince Sultan Military College of Health Sciences in Dhahran in 2013 to implement the vision and strategy of the medical services division in the Ministry of Defense by developing their cadres and raising their abilities and their scientific and practical potentials, and achieving the objectives of the college in expanding its health sciences programs with the highest academic and professional standards.
The department offers a diploma program in Health Services Administration and provides students with the necessary knowledge, skills and training in this specialty, so that they can meet the requirements in the hospitals of MSD and the health sector in the Kingdom. The diploma program in the Department of Health Services Administration was approved by the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties.
Program curriculum was designed in order to achieve the role of basic health management in hospitals and healthcare organizations to develop work systems that support these organizations to enable them to provide healthcare services efficiently and effectively and provide these services with high quality and reasonable cost.
The department Vision
Develop health services management to play a leading role in the provision of graduates with specialized knowledge in this field.
The department Mission
Teaching and qualifying students at a high level in the management of health services and hospitals with the ability to compete with other university students in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Middle East, and achieve the reputation of the graduates of the department as the best performance in the labor market with a high degree of professionalism.
The department Objectives
The Department aims to provide a realistic learning environment where, after completing the requirements of the study plan, the student receives a certificate in Health Services Administration enabling him to work and serve healthcare organizations through:
- Developing the managerial efficiency in health services organizations and hospitals.
- Supporting the medical and health professions in health services organizations.
- Develop effective management skills in health services organizations and reduce the burden of the administrative activities among medical professionals.
- Improve the efficiency of the health information system so that decision makers can obtain updated information to make their decision.
- Supporting the managers' profession in the provision of health services.
- Development of information management skills for utilizing in managing health services and patients affairs.
- Understanding international health standards, safety measures and global competition.